Friday, April 18, 2008

Friday, April 18: Back to Normal!!

HI, School families and friends!
I have just finished my first full week back at work since my surgery two months ago, and I can tell you that it was a wonderful week and it was great to be back with my students and friends at my two schools. Thank you to many students for the beautiful drawings and cards and presents that you brought to me this week! Camille and Marisela, thanks for the glittery butterfly that is now hanging in the window! Thank you also to Courtney and Kayla Leonard's cool grandma Alice for the gifts from Africa- Alice, it sounds like your missions trip was incredible. I am deeply touched by all of the love and concern you all have shown me and very grateful for your warm welcomes as I returned to this job that I love so much.
We started new projects this week: fourth and fifth graders are making Amate Bark Paintings inspired by the ones made by Mexican artisians; second and third graders are digging in to Dutch Architecture (don't forget to check out those gables downtown, guys)




 and first graders?--SWIMMY!






It is definitely feeling like spring, and I feel like all around me things are blooming, and I am glad that winter and my illness are all behind me now.  Stay tuned to the blog for pics of student work next week!
love,
Mrs. Art

No comments: