Sunday, February 24, 2008

YOU ARE THE BEST!

Dear Waukazoo and Sheldon Woods artists and families,
I have so much to be thankful for as I write this post to all of you!
First, I have received many class books in which you have made cool handmade and computer art and written encouraging and caring messages to me. They are all wonderful, and make me feel very special.  I feel so very lucky to be your teacher, and part of our school family, and I just can't wait to be back in the art room with you once again. 
I have also gotten letters and cards in the mail from many of you and I will keep them always. Thank you so much for your thoughtfulness.
I love your  blog comments too, and I hope you will keep writing those!
I was very scared before my surgery. It sounded so terrible to lose my eye. But now, I know that it was not so bad after all, and my new eye will be very cool, and it will look like a normal eye (a little more artistic, though :)) 
It hurt a lot the first week, and my eye looked like I got punched hard-very black and blue and some other colors, too! But now, you can hardly tell, and it only hurts a little sometimes. I have to put medicine in my eye three times a day to keep it healthy. I have to rest a lot. I can't do any work  but when I heal up I can do anything I want, even drive my car, read, and do art, thank Heaven! AND BE AN ART TEACHER. hoOOORAYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I will start coming back to school next week, and before you know it, I will be back all of the time and it will be just like it used to be.
Mr. Newton is telling me what a good job you are doing and I told him I wasn't surprised, because YOU ARE THE BEST ART STUDENTS IN THE WORLD!!!!!!!!!
love, 
Mrs. Art

No comments: