Monday, February 25, 2008

TO MS. KOVACS' CLASS!!!


HEY, Guys,
Thanks for the note. I really really miss you too! You are such a fun class. Did you know that your cityscapes are hanging up at the Arts Council? Some are also at the Administration building. They look awesome! The other art teachers put them up for me.

Yes, my eye does feel like part of my body now. At first, it felt strange, and it felt like it was wiggling around in a funny way. It made me nervous! But now, it feels just like my other eye.
The eyeball  itself is made of stuff that is sort of like coral. My eye muscles were attached to this eyeball during my surgery. There are six of them all together. By now, the muscles are all attached really well and they make my new eyeball move with my other one. It feels normal!
Of course, my new eyeball is white. I have a clear contact lens thingie over it. It looks sort of pink now.  The next step is to get my fake eye prosthesis, which fits right over this eyeball.
HOW COOL IS THAT.  Some of you might grow up to be doctors and scientist AND ARTISTS 
who help people like me who need some help getting back to looking like they used to!
I hope all of you are well, and I should be back at least part time next week. I still am learning to drive with one eye but I can read and draw and paint and everything else.
My right eye does get tired sometimes so I rest a lot!
Love you guys.
Give Ms. Kovacs a hug for me.
Mrs. Art

No comments: