Sunday, March 23, 2008

I GOT MY NEW EYE!!!


If you look carefully at the closeup of my eye, you can see the turquoise and gold specks that Mike added!  Isn't it beautiful?
This picture was taken by Annie on Saturday.  I think that it is hard to tell which eye is my natural one, and which one is my special new one!  Sometimes it almost seems like I can see out of my new eye!

This is Mike painting my eye very carefully. Below is his palette, where he mixes his colors. Notice how many different colors he used to paint my eye! We all have many colors in our eyes, even though we may call them " brown" or "blue."  MIke uses special maginifying glasses so that he can see what he is doing. Jewelers and hobbyists also use glasses like this.  In front of him are the pigments. or special paints from which he mixes the colors.
Above, you can see his " toolbox"--see the little "iris buttons" inside? He makes these ahead of time, and then custom paints them for people. Mine, he made from scratch, because of the unusual way I asked him to paint it!
Mike is a very talented artist, and he is also a knowledgeable scientist, and a very special person.  He likes to help people like me who have lost their eye.  Because of Mike, I feel that I look like a normal person again. He has given me a great gift! THANK YOU , MIKE!
Below, I am waiting in Mike's exam room while he adds paint to my new eye!

No comments: